Wineglass Bay Tours is seeking a Tour Guide to join our passionate team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Tasmanian local who loves their island home and loves sharing it with visitors.
If you think you have what it takes, ask yourself and answer the following questions:
- Are you reliable, dedicated, enthusiastic and totally comfortable speaking in front of groups of people?
- Are you entertaining and mature enough to create a fun and safe environment, all day long, for up to 21 people on a tour where inclusion and interaction is paramount?
- Is Tasmania your island home? A home that you are passionate and very knowledgeable about, to the point that you would dominate Tasmanian Trivial Pursuit? (The wedges in case you have forgotten are Geography, Entertainment, History, Arts & Literature, Science & Nature and Sports & Leisure).
- Do you have a solid foundation of cultural awareness and can confidently and politely engage with people from all around the world?
- Are you excited to meet new people from every corner of the globe and continue to learn more about their cultures and languages?
- Are you healthy and fit, physically and mentally pumped to hike throughout the Freycinet National Park each day and encourage and assist up to 21 guests to do the same?
- Do you enjoy photography or at least have a sound understanding of the principles of photography and an eagerness to learn more about it?
- Do you hold a current Level II (or higher) First Aid qualification and crave any opportunity to put your learnings into action by assisting others in need of first aid?
- Are you an exceptional driver with a current full Australian Medium Rigid (or higher) drivers licence, PPV Ancillary Certificate, and current Working With Vulnerable People Card?
- Do you have an ABN?
If you answered “YES!” to all the above questions with a smile on your face and growing excitement every time you progressed to the next question, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include driving the bus from Hobart to Freycinet National Park and back, delivering entertaining interps along the way and building rapport with your guests. You will be leading walks and hikes, doing some cash handling and tour related administrative duties and of course keeping the tour bus well maintained and tidy.
Our tour is quite an epic one. It starts in Hobart picking up guests from their accommodation at around 7am and concludes in Hobart around 630pm. Each day you will clock up approximately 500kms in the bus and 11,000 steps in your shoes.
A competitive daily rate is available to the right candidates and days of work negotiable, although you MUST be keen and available to work on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
If this is all sounding like it is ‘your calling’ please send your application letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please don’t call our office, simply send us an email… you know how it goes… “Don’t call us, we’ll call you”.